I've heard of Skout and I added the app. It impressed me in so many ways, all bad.
First, most (50%+) of the profiles are fake/overseas/Asian looking for love. I can't quite say I've ever seen so many fake profiles in one site. Take all of the fake profiles currently on match, OK Cupid and plenty of fish and combine them. You are then getting close to Skout.
Second, locations are all deceptive. I'm in Missouri and it listed me as being in Houston. No way to fix that I can see either. Half of the "local" profiles (my preferences were set for my town) were in Independence, KS, 220 miles away. Independence is a small town so the entire town must be Asian fake females or something is seriously amiss here. There were also a number of women from Doolittle, MO, which would mean every woman from that town was also on the site.
Third, I've been bombarded with chat requests from the Independence KS and other far away places crowd. They're all totally hot, 32 and have 2 pictures. A pattern? That has to be created by the site because they are remarkably consistent.
Fourth, there are a few really nice local people on there, maybe 20% of the real profiles. The other 80% are the oddest collection of people I have seen. I'm a seasoned online dater and this group is completely not what I am looking for. Take the worst profiles from POF for my tastes and put them all in one place.
Skout is ridiculous and a waste of time. I spent 80% of my time sorting through fake profiles, 10% abhorred by the real people there and 10% doing something productive. The site has to be this way by design from the developers. They clearly want the fake profiles and ads or are completely oblivious to it. I'm not sure which is worse?
It's free and as interesting as a car crash on the side of the road.
50%+ fake profiles, spammers contacting you, misleading locations and general nonsense.
Timbo does NOT recommend Skout to friends/family